Triple layered Pizza Pie
Triple Layered Pizza Pie
- Ready Rolled Short Crust Pastry
- Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- Tortilla x 2
- 1tsp Oregano
- 3tbsp Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomato
- Precooked Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Diced Red Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Ham Hock
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- For the pizza sauce: In a Frying pan add the olive oil and the diced onion, garlic, oregano, parsley. Cook for 1 minutes, add tomato puree and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the tinned tomato and cook for 10 minutes and season. Leave to cool.
- Get out your pastry from the fridge 30 minutes before use. Then roll out the pastry and place in a loose bottomed tin, making sure you press out to the edges. Put a layer of the pizza sauce at the bottom, top with a layer of mozzarella and then the peperoni. Use a tortilla to separate the layers and begin layer number 2.
- Create the same base as above (pizza sauce and mozzarella) and then use the sweet chilli chicken and pepper. Again separate with a tortilla.
- For the final layer repeat the same base as above then add your mushroom and ham hock.
- Egg wash around the edge and cover with ready to roll puff pastry. Use a fork to seal the edges and then use a knife and run along the side to trim off any excess pastry.
- Make a small incision at the centre of the pie to release steam during cooking then cover the lid with pizza sauce, mozzarella and then pepperoni. Cover with foil and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes remove the foil and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley or basil.